More great news!
We have just heard that we have won Silver in the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals PPRG Marketing Excellence Awards.
On behalf of the conference committee, I am off to collect the award and deliver a presentation on our publicity campaign, on the 9th November at Peters Bookselling Services, Birmingham.
These awards are in recognition of publicity campaigns which involve several elements, such as print, promotional events or displays, e-marketing and use of media. The judges looked at evidence of the campaign’s impact and effectiveness and the judging criteria were as follows:
- Effective use of a combination of marketing communications activities
- Originality of concept and suitability to target market
- Quality of graphics, design and copywriting
- Innovative use of new media
- Success of events in terms of feedback, attendance (if applicable), and press coverage (if applicable)
- Timing, message and consistency of marketing communications
- Effective use of resources
- Effective use of project budget
Putting together our application was trickier that organising the conference and the team did spend some time wrestling with the concept of publicising the publicity for the conference rather than the conference itself, but now it all seems worth it.